6.06.2015

Some of My Favorite Talks of All Time

"Cast Not Away Therefore Thy Confidence" by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland--this one is super powerful in helping us follow through on promptings and realize where our doubts come in hard times. This talk helped me to follow through on my decision to go to SVU. It was a pillar of strength for me and has incredible quotes! For example, "Beware the temptation to retreat from a good thing. If it was right when you prayed about it and trusted it and lived for it, it is right now."

"How to Obtain Revelation and Inspiration for Your Personal Life" by Elder Richard G. Scott--I love how practical this talk is.

"When Shall These Things Be?" by Elder M. Russell Ballard--We read part of this talk in my institute class. I love it because it talks about how we can overcome doubts the adversary gives us.

"Do What is Right" by Elder Richard G. Scott--This talk helped me to be strong through a hard time in my life. It talks about dating and friendship.

"Stay by the Tree" by Elder Kevin W. Pearson--I love this talk! It is about being valiant, not lukewarm. It makes me want to be better every time I listen to it.

"Approaching the Throne of God with Confidence" by Elder Jorg Klebingat--This talk is also super powerful and practical! It's about how we can feel prepared for a personal interview with Heavenly Father now, not "someday."

"How Can I Become the Woman of Whom I Dream?" by President Gordon B. Hinckley--This one is just a classic.

"The Pathway of Discipleship" by Elder Neal A. Maxwell--Elder Maxwell has a way of phrasing things so powerfully and pushing me on to action!

No comments:

Post a Comment