6.23.2015

I have a tender mercy about tender mercies! I had the inspiration tonight...I want to do a better job at having family scripture study every night since I tend to forget...so I'm going to tag it onto this goal by making my tender mercy posts into family tender mercy posts. :D Yaaaay

So tonight, Mama and Aly's tender mercy was having a great guide at BYU who was super down-to-earth and friendly!

My tender mercy was from an insight I had--so often those insights are my tender mercies! Last semester, I realized the huge power behind thoughts and how we can change our reactions by changing our perceptions. One I tried out was thinking "It's not the end of the world" when something frustrating arose. I noticed that it made me a lot more laid back and that I smiled a lot more! I also tried that mindset out in a social setting by counteracting my "What if they judge me?" with an "It's not the end of the world!" I was a lot more outgoing with that mindset. So, Heavenly Father helped me to recollect that experience, and now I'm excited to try it out again! As I did so today, even though it was mostly just with my family, we laughed a lot more and I felt like myself. It was so rejuvenating!

No comments:

Post a Comment