6.24.2015

"I know not by what methods rare,
But this I know, God answers prayer.
I know that He has given His Word,
Which tells me prayer is always heard,
And will be answered, soon or late.
And so I pray and calmly wait.
I know not if the blessing sought
Will come in just the way I thought;
But leave my prayers with Him alone,
Whose will is wiser than my own,
Assured that He will grant my quest,
Or send some answer far more blest."
-poem quoted by President Ezra Taft Benson in "Prayer"

"We learn from [Moses 3] that the spiritual creation preceded the temporal creation. In a similar way, meaningful morning prayer is an important element in the spiritual creation of each day—and precedes the temporal creation or the actual execution of the day. Just as the temporal creation was linked to and a continuation of the spiritual creation, so meaningful morning and evening prayers are linked to and are a continuation of each other." -Elder Bednar, "Pray Always"

Elder Bednar always has the most incredible insights--things I've never thought about before that he puts in a really practical, straightforward way. He helps me want to be more valiant.

No comments:

Post a Comment