7.25.2015

Optimism

Some good quotes about optimism from goodreads.com:

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.” 
― Dr. Seuss

"... make your optimism come true."
-- Christian D. Larson, Your Forces and How to Use Them

“Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.” 
― Mahatma Gandhi

“For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use to be anything else.” 
― Winston S. Churchill

“Optimism is a strategy for making a better future. Because unless you believe that the future can be better, you are unlikely to step up and take responsibility for making it so.” 
― Noam Chomsky

And some excellent quotes by Elder Maxwell and Marjorie Pay Hinckley:

"No love is ever wasted. Its worth does not lie in reciprocity. " 
— Neal A. Maxwell

“Think about your particular assignment at this time in your life. It may be to get an education, it may be to rear children, it may be to be a grandparent, it may be to care for an relieve the suffering of someone you love, it may be to do a job in the most excellent way possible, it may be to support someone who has a difficult assignment of their own. Our assignments are varied and they change from time to time. Don't take them lightly. Give them your full heart and energy. Do them with enthusiasm. Do whatever you have to do this week with your whole heart and soul. To do less than this will leave you with an empty feeling.” 
― Marjorie Pay HinckleySmall and Simple Things

No comments:

Post a Comment