7.14.2015

How I saw the Lord's hand today:
-Okay, a lot of ways, actually! First, a big tender mercy lately has been found in expanding my hobbies. It's just really fun to see progress in something and be able to put effort into it. It's one of those things that builds self-esteem in a righteous way.
-Heavenly Father has led me to a lot of little things I can do that will help me--for example, like covering up the mirrors. Another idea He gave me was to wear my sports watch during the day and set timers. Also, to think of my schoolwork like a job--I can't show up late or take breaks early at work, or in homework. It was really nice today.
-My church history class had some good insights today--the greatest generation is the one that is striving to strengthen the next generation. That needs to be my focus. The other insight was about how the Lord takes us from where we are to where we can be. He works with us right here, right now.
-A reminder that progress only comes when we start with prayer.
-I sat down for a minute today and thought about who I really want to be. I realized today that I want to go back to who I was in high school and college before my mission. Back then, I feel like I focused on the gospel more and was also able to have fun and joke around a lot. I want to be that girl again! Yeppers.
-It's bedtime. Almost.
-Oh! Lastly! The most important thing from today was being led to a quote from the Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. It is all about the adversary convincing us that when we come down from a high spiritual peak, our valiance was a bit "excessive" and it was just a phase, not a lifestyle. So perfect for me right now.
-And then I found this OTHER super good quote from it: "When they have really learned to love their neighbors as themselves, they will be allowed to love themselves as their neighbors." I love love that quote, and I completely believe it. We cannot have true self-esteem if we know we're not treating others well.

No comments:

Post a Comment