7.26.2015

Bloggy, I'm giving up dating. Not giving up on dating. But I'm going on a dating fast. Not to say I'll turn dates down, but I'm not going to actively pursue it. Why? Because there's something else I have to pursue first. I realized that I'm really not prepared to date anyone. I have based my worth on what others think, and that is not fair to the other person or myself. It is a false hope. To give you some insight to my decision, may I introduce you to one of the greatest tender mercies of my life? ablogaboutlove.com. It has given me some of the most important realizations of my life: steps to vulnerability here here and here, independent happiness (even if your life is falling to pieces, like hers was when she began her journey), unshakable worth--all the things I'm going to now direct my attention to, for my future family's sake. May I share one of the most true-to-me writings I found on there? I was nodding the entire time.
”Self-worth is soooo crucial in dating.  Oh my goodness.  Please, please...if you are struggling with this, tackle it head on.  Try to overcome this.  It will help you tremendously as you date and try to decide who to marry one day.  Without self-worth, it's easy to feel a little desperate.  It's easy to look past major red flags in a relationship simply because you want so desperately to be loved.  Without self-worth, it's easy to get yourself into some pickles.  It's easy to stay in a relationship for all the wrong reasons.  It's easy to latch on to anyone who throws you a bone.  It's easy to think that you won't be WHOLE until you find a partner or a spouse.  It's easy to feel as though finding a partner is the only thing that matters, and that life is really in a holding pattern until you meet 'the one' who will make everything feel complete.  I hope you can see how detrimental this can be in a relationship.  Someone with low self-worth often demands that their partner make them whole; they rely on someone else to provide them with happiness.  Oh dear.  This thinking is NOT HEALTHY.  This will not lead to a healthy relationship.  This will lead to one big roller coaster.”
She knows my LIFEEEE! Because she's been there, and further. Her story is incredible. I figure Heavenly Father can hold off on me finding my future husband until I get things figured out. I realized I was getting into a frenzy thinking that my time is "running out" for marriage...I'm 23. Yes, this is the age of marriage and family, but I also have a specific timetable, and I feel completely unprepared for marriage and family right now. So (ironically enough) not dating is one step of how I'm preparing. Read ablogaboutlove.com! It will change your life!

Oh, and dating, I'll be back, don't you worry. But I'll be a different person.

No comments:

Post a Comment