2.16.2015

Love Love

Dear Self, I want to be in love with you. Not in a narcissistic way, of course. But enough is enough! I feel like I've actually been doing so much better at not getting mad at myself for mistakes. So I have progressed SO MUCH. But now. NOW. I want to LOVE myself. And by that, I mean I want to be comfortable in myself and not have to seek approval from others, especially guys. Logically, it makes no sense that THEY would be the ones who hold the key to making me feel enough. And honestly, even they can't. I could get a little bit of approval, but I'm never filled. I seek more and more, but the truth of the matter is, you can never get enough of the things you don't need. (Not that as humans we don't need approval, but we do need to be independent of needing to rely on others for all of that approval) And if my mama says I'm great and I don't believe her and my friends say I'm great and I don't believe them, what makes me think that when my husband says I'm great that I'll believe HIM? I want to love myself. And come to find out, my roommate has been praying that I would want that! So, prayers are answered, folks. Prayers are answered.

2 comments: