4.30.2013

Post Post

I have learned another truth. And you know what I do when I learn truth! I write it down here so when I come back I can remember. :) I felt prompted to look up quotes from President Hinckley when I realized that my view of a lot of things had been pretty negative. In one quote President Hinckley said he repeated the same quote to himself every morning. I figured, if that helped make him into the optimistic GIANT he was, it is definitely worth a shot! So, every morning after I pray I repeat this quote by him to myself: "Be believing, be happy, don't get discouraged. Things will work out." I have felt so much more positive since then! I feel happier, like I can overcome obstacles. Once I leave on my mission I think that quote will change to "Forget yourself and get to work." :) And I can change it to whatever my current challenge is! Lately I have seen the truth that so much of life is based on how we view it.

Also, I've realized that I need to focus on how Heavenly Father feels about my actions, not on how others feel about my actions. I want to pray every night to ask if what I'm doing is making Him happy, and then listen for the Spirit to guide me on where I'm doing well and also where I can improve!

I've ALSO realized that I need to apply the scriptures more by seeing how I can implement them in my life! It has made my life great so far. :)

P.S. Eight days til I leave, you beautiful people!

1 comment:

  1. SUSANNAH:
    Yes, I do want to receive your e-mails, letters, tweets, bells, whistles, bugle calls, messengers, Howlers (Harry Potter humor if you had forgotten), voicemails, memos, greeting cards, or any other various means of communication while you are on your mission! Please do keep me informed on what is going on while you are away. Even if I don't get to see you all that often, I still think about you!

    Kthanksbye.

    :)

    ReplyDelete