3.30.2015

"Decisions determine destiny" -President Monson

"Choose Eternal Life" by Elder Randall K. Bennett:

"Your eternal destiny will not be the result of chance but of choice."

"We cannot successfully choose both the safety of righteousness and the dangers of worldliness. Wading or dabbling in worldliness may seem harmless, but [referencing a story he had told about getting caught in a subtle ocean current] so did my 'refreshing' swim!"

"...our safety depends on choosing to follow (1) the insights we gain during daily scripture study, pondering, and prayer; (2) the guidance of the Holy Ghost; and (3) [the prophets'] prophetic counsel."

"It is never too hard or too late to make correct choices."

"
Am I seeking divine direction through daily scripture study, pondering, and prayer, or have I chosen to be so busy or apathetic that I don’t take time to study the words of Christ, ponder them, and converse with my Heavenly Father? 
Am I seeking the guidance of the Holy Ghost daily in what I choose to think about, feel, and do? 
Am I consistently reaching out to assist, serve, or help rescue others?"

No comments:

Post a Comment