4.16.2010

Dear Viva la Vida

Here's a bit of my life!

I love this woman! She is my soul sister and the kindest person I know. May I be more like her! May her potato crop be blessed one hundredfold!

Alastair + Andrew's girlfriend + holding hands = paparazzi

Good news!

I finished my challenge!

FACT: Smiling makes you happier! I had about 25 cheese-it moments in those two weeks!

But you know what I learned more than anything? God is the One Who changes you. Not a doubt in my mind. One example! I am so bad at going to bed early. However! For one whole month, I went to bed earlier and earlier! And how? My mindset was changed. My views changed, and my actions followed. Before, I strained myself so hard to change and every time I couldn't do it I would beat myself up. But He can change me if I'm willing. I don't want this to be a trite phrase that I've heard so often that I forget how true it is. You know, there are some phrases that to me have been said so much that they lose their potency. Sadly, they are some of the most important things I need to know: "You are a daughter of God." Other things. Man, Satan really can distract us, huh?

You know, here goes: I want to celebrate myself! It has been too long. Too often have I shoved down the urge to see the good in me, and to only see the bad. Bad Dobby! My thoughts are a bit disheveled, but I don't really need to explain.

Can I just say one more thing? Sometimes I wish I could see behind the curtain of life to where God is directing my life, to be able to see "Oh, I wasn't progressing then because of this", "Oh, I was prompted here for this reason." I'm hoping I'll be able to see how it fits together when I cross the veil.

Another thing! I'm just going to let it all flow, not edit, re-edit, cross-reference, rinse, repeat. Darn it, now I forgot what I was going to say. Oh! Never mind. I won't say that, it'll just get me all riled up again. haha. Oh yeah! Sometimes...I try WAY too hard. You know who told me that? My tennis coach! When she told me that I was completely surprised. I thought I wasn't trying hard enough! Perfectionist syndrome. And it doesn't just apply to tennis! It applies to LIFE. Okay, I'm going to live at home for the rest of my life! No. Not what that means. WHAT it means is that I need to chill out! Like with snowboarding. I had the best time ever, because I finally figured out that I needed to be more loose! I fell a lot more often, but it hurt a lot less! Same thing in life. Phew. I guess it's better to try too hard than to not try at all...extremes are not good at all, really. All things in moderation...if that statement is true, then wouldn't it really be SOME things in moderation? haha

Dear Viva la Vida,
It's official. My love for you is more than infatuation. Our romance has been going on for two years, and I haven't gotten sick of you! "If that ain't love then I don't know what love is." haha

Man. Ahh! Man. I think we were created in a way that we already have everything we need to succeed. Which is why I need to not try so hard! That does not mean I should stop giving my best, just realize that my strengths are inherent from God, natural, and trying to force them makes them, well, more forced. We are meant to have joy in life! So often I feel that I have to paste a smile on. The thing is, I know how to smile! I do it! It feels so good to not restrain myself for once. In a way it's scary, because so often I feel we are to bridle all our passions. I can be uptight. Not an awesome trait to have, but it keeps me safe! I'm just trying to figure things out, get away from conceptions people have of, start fresh. Mmm, that sounds so delicious. Let's start something new! I want to be myself! Mmm, remembering sophomore year, when things were so fresh. That was incredible. I'm ready for a new beginning. So ready. :)

I am grateful for a seminary building so close to school, a place I can go for parental release when I don't have a car and Cole Bear looks bored. :) A good use of time, I dare say!

By the way, congratulations to our new SBOs! Lead us on to victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment